Market Leading (RDE_OES) for Elemental Analysis
The Spectroil Q100 is now the SpectrOil 100 Series, which includes the new 110 and 120 models. These analyzers deliver improvements in performance, stability and ease of use.
SpectrOil Rotating Disk Electrode Optical Emission Spectroscopy (RDE-OES) is a proven means of precisely determining elemental composition in engine oil, coolant, fuels, grease, process water, and a wide variety of critical operating fluids. For decades this robust technology has been used as both a quality control tool and machine health monitor. Highlights of this system include:
Provides precise and reliable results
- Simultaneous multi-element analysis
- Repeatable and sensitive fluid characterization
- Conforms to ASTM-D6595 (oil), and ASTM-D6728 (fuel)
Fast and easy to operate
- No sample preparation required
- No solvents or gases required
- Quick 30 second analysis time
- Minimal training/background required to operate
Immediate results on-site
- Analysis at your facility
- Benchtop, transportable system
- Low cost per sample
Features & Benefits
The simplicity and ease of using the SpectrOil 100 Series enables RDE technology for on-site inspection and condition based maintenance.
- The disposable electrodes & sample cups facilitate rapid sample changes and ensure contamination free measurements.
- Without the purge gas or sample dilution required by other technologies, the simple RDE-OES steps are: Pour your fluid, close the door, and press START.
- Sophisticated onboard analytics enable system operation by minimally trained users.
At the core of the SpectrOil 100 Series is a precision Rotating Disk Electrode, Optical Emission Spectrometer (RDE-OES).
- Measure sub-ppm elemental concentrations with high-purity carbon electrodes.
- Detect elements in solution and particles as large as 10μm with RDE’s precision pulsed-power, high-temperature plasma.
- Accurately identify elements in a wide variety of substances without sample preparation or sample dilution.
Oil & Grease Condition Monitoring
Detecting and quantifying elemental wear in lubricants enables a rapid, non-invasive determination of machine condition. While monitoring for additive depletion ensures that lubricating fluids are still capable of protecting critical assets according to ASTM-D6595.
Quantify elemental composition of wear debris to determine the location and severity of component wear.
Detect unexpected elements that may be a result of equipment problems such as, fouled air filters, coolant leaks, sea water ingress, or dirt ingestion.
Measure additive package depletion to ensure expected oil protection.
Fuel & Lubricant Quality Analysis
SpectrOil 100 Series is used to confirm composition and quality of petrochemicals from crude through the final blended product to ensure that processing is acceptable and to protect finished fuel against trace contamination through handling, storage, and to the user in accordance with ASTM D-6728.
Coolant Condition Measurements
Analyzing in-service coolant is a quick and accurate means of ensuring that it continues to provide the required corrosion protection and heat transfer.
Process Water Condition Analysis
Measuring contamination in a variety of applications like power plant cooling water and turbine wash water provides unique system condition insights and ensures compliant disposal or reuse of the water.
Basic Engine Wear package (15 elements).
Standard (24 elements) & Extended Range lubricant package (31 elements); options include Wear Metals, Coolants, Fuels and custom application packages.
SpectrOil Q100 Enquiry
For more information or to arrange a call from one of the Cea Laboratory technologies Team, please complete the contact form below. If your enquiry is urgent, please call us on
1300 552 725.
A sentence here about related products with image links below to products you want customer to consider.